Treffi Pub & Bistro is much more than just burgers
Within a short subway ride from the Helsinki city center you will find Treffi Pub & Bistro restaurant. Treffi is well known of the best burgers in Helsinki. Although Treffi Pub at Herttoniemi Metro Station offers a lot more than best burgers in the town…
In this article, I want to speak about two things; The Sunday Brunch and A’la Carte Menu’s other delicious dishes (no burgers – although they are tasty too).
Treffi Pub’s Sunday brunch
Treffi is a very famous restaurant even amongst the chefs in Helsinki. The Sunday Brunch seems to be the number one thing for all the chefs. So, it seems that the delicious food of the fusion kitchen seems to satisfy the expectations of even the most demanding visitors.
Why does everyone like it? I’ll share my thoughts… Of course, you can also share your opinion by writing a comment.
- It’s no secret that Treffi’s Brunch is full of delicious food cooked only from the best ingredients.
- All you can eat Brunch is always great and it might be, The Saturday morning, with your friends or family that you will never forget. Brunch is served from 10am to 3.30pm, so you can still have your good night sleep.
- Variable Theme! Every Sunday you can have different Brunch. The theme changes every week, here are few examples, Finnish summer, Deluxe, Japanese and Texas BBQ.
- Special Brunch on public holidays. The most popular festive brunches are Mother’s Day, 1st of May (Legendary “Vappubrunssi” as we call it in Finland) and of course New Year. Note that these days are most popular Brunch days in Finland, so remember to book a table beforehand.
Must try foods from A’la Carte Menu
Treffi’s Pub & Bistro’s professional Chefs work hard to make your dinner unforgettable. Food is served until midnight, so it’s totally up to you what time you want to have your dinner. As already mentioned on beginning of the article, Treffi is well known from their tasty burgers, but these following dishes are even better (this is just my opinion)!
Here are the three must try dishes!
1. “Ahvenanmaan karitsa” (The Åland’s Lamb)
Roasted Åland’s baby lamb, garlic potatoes, summer carrots & smoked celeriac sauce.
Highly recommended with red wine. You can ask recommendation from waitress, if you are not a wine guru (I always ask – they know better than me).
2. “Kana” (Charcoal Chicken)
Charcoal grilled spring chicken, Parmesan risotto & honey-thyme sauce.
Do not let the simple name fool you. Charcoal grilled Finnish chicken, awesome risotto with parmesan and a masterpiece of honey-thyme sauce, makes it so delicious. The presentation is very stylish, so don’t be surprised if you end up posting a photo of it to the Instagram.
3. For starving groups: “Chef’s Surprise Menu + Pairing Wine For Each Dish”
Selection of appetizers, main dishes and desserts shared for the whole party served with well pairing wines.
Let me warn you, this menu is BIG! You need to be seriously hungry to be able to finish it (even if it is difficult to stop eating because the food is so great). The menu is a bit pricey, but believe me, it’s worth it.